Thursday, September 20, 2018

Digital Habits To Let Go Of


Let’s face it we all have some habits.

Habit:  a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up.

Yes, there is such a thing as a good habit, but let’s be honest often times habits that we have and take on are bad. One of the habits that I have found that extremely stunts personal growth, is our lack of monitoring what we take in with our eyes and ears. Let me explain:

Let's Take social media for example, most of us have some form of social media, quite frankly If you are here and reading this you found my blog one of a couple of ways, YouTube (and if so please subscribe and drop me a comment saying hey! Yes a shameless plug lol), Instagram, Facebook, or possibly Twitter. I say this because I promote my brand on multiple social media platforms.

With that being said having a social media account and accounts that we are active on daily, expose us to a lot of negativity and blockage and doesn’t allow much room for personal development. I actually took notice of this when I began to market my photography business. Yes this mommy wears many different hats. Peculiar Royalty is the lifestyle brand and all of my other businesses fall under the umbrella! Multiple business equals multiple avenues of revenue and success!!!! Hop aboard the train of profit city!!! I want you to succeed!!!

Okay back to the reason for this posting. I have a question to ask you, Why are you following who/what you are following? On these social media sites, we are following friends, family, business, animals, etc. our feeds are swamped with pictures of peoples kids, random peoples faces, food, honestly a plethora of things, and we mindlessly swipe through them liking and screenshotting and whatever else we choose to do with these posts, but I need you to ask yourself especially if you are trying to develop yourself on a personal level. If you are starting a business, what is looking at pics of your besties food she’s eating this morning helping your business? If you are an aspiring makeup artist what is looking at a man in a gym doing for your dream? If you are on the path to financial freedom, what is looking at the latest fashionistas doing to help your bank account grow? Your answer should be because being truthful is

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

SO how do you put down this bad habit? And again all of these things I am about to mention to you can be applied to what you listen to, what you see with your eyes, and even where you place your physical body!
Social media can be an effective tool in personal development but you have to break the bad habits we have with social media. Now you can do this one of two ways, you can literally go through all of the pages you are following and delete all the profiles and pages that are not serving a purpose in your life. Trust me if they are really your friends and family they will understand and if they get mad that you are choosing not to look at little Susie’s daily pic well then you need to break more then a social media habit you may very well need to re-evaluate that relationship!

Another way to do this is to create a separate account for different reasons, such as if your looking to build a business, create a business account and use that account to only follow other pages that will motivate your business! This way you can have a separate personal account to follow friends and family. Doing it this way will require more work but there is a price to pay for your bountiful future. If you really like this idea create multiple accounts for multiple reasons it is entirely up to you. Instagram has a cool feature that allows you to simply switch between any of your accounts at any time without having to sign in multiple times, they literally are all there and you just select which page to open up!

Example: I created a separate Instagram for my Photography business, and even though many friends, and family follow my photography page, I only follow back things that motivate, inspire, and makes sense to follow for my business, that way my feed is entirely about photography and business.
  • I follow models, some are local, and some are models I will work with in the future! ( Speak life my loves).
  • I follow other photographers. This allows me to see what other photographers are working on to draw inspiration, to connect with other photographers for networking purposes, or simply fan girling over their amazing work but you get the point.
  • I follow clothing and accessory brands, because I need pieces for different shoots I setup, it’s a way to network and advertise, and get them to see my work and possibly secure a booking.

So you see my feed is full of things that make sense to look at for my business, not only am I motivated to work hard on my craft, I am also placing myself in a position to be sought out and discovered by others. If my feed Is packed with my friends, family, food and etc. I could be missing out on opportunities, and creative sparkings.

Hopefully this encouraged you to clean up your feeds and refocus on your journey to personal development!!!

Love Light and Blessings
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment